Wednesday, April 20, 2011

200

For my 200th post, I figure I’ll celebrate with a jug, a bowtie, and a Corona. After Fiery Furnace tour, I went back to my camp and had dinner for lunch. After lunch, I followed the road on the north side of the Colorado River west of Moab. I came across Jug Handle Arch on this drive. The arch can be seen from the road.



Jug Handle Arch







The trailhead for Bowtie and Corona Arch is also on this road. This was my next hike of the day. It was only about a 3 mile round trip. Here are the pictures.


Railroad cut on the trail to Corona Arch





Bowtie Arch on the left and Corona Arch on the right







Bowtie Arch







Bootlegger Canyon








Corona Arch







Cactus and Corona Arch







Bowtie Arch







After the Corona hike, I did a hike on what I believe is called the Portal Overlook Trail. The trailhead is also on this same road. It has great view of Moab, the La Sal Mountains, Arches, and the Colorado River.




Cactus







Colorado River







Tightrope walker




Moab







Moon







Stay tuned...

-MM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

some big arches and that railroad cut through bootlegger canyon is impressive.
-----dave

Pops said...

Love the pics. Can't wait for next addition. We hiked to Corona Arch (02' I think). While at the arch a train came down the tracks through the canyon.

Virginia said...

WOW! Gorgeous scenery! Brings back some good memories of the week spent there. May have to pull out my pics and reminisce. May I have a copy of the cactus close-up? You knew I'd ask didn't you. MOM