Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Good Enough

I’m a little late posting, but I went for a hike last Saturday. I went back to the Venable-Comanche Trailhead near Westcliffe. This time I hiked to Goodwin Lakes. The hike was 10 miles. Nothing too tough. I nearly had the trail to myself. On the way down I ran into a guy doing trail maintenance. Other than that, I did not see anybody else on the trail. I saw that somebody else signed the trail register after me, but I did not see them. So it was another peaceful hike on a weekend in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Here are the pictures.


Meadow with Goodwin Creek




Flowers below Lower Goodwin Lake




Outlet for Lower Goodwin Lake





Lower Goodwin Lake




Creek between the lakes




Upper Goodwin Lake




Upper Goodwin Lake




Upper Goodwin Lake


Lower Goodwin Lake. Tanner Peak and Pikes Peak in the distance.

1 comment:

Pops said...

Your "Good Enough" for you pictures are "WOW" for us here in Carolina.