Friday, July 19, 2013

Hidden Track

On June the 29th, I went for a hike in the Collegiate Peaks Wilderness near Buena Vista. I hiked up Avalanche Gulch on the Colorado Trail. I wandered up to a pass on the ridge line for Mt. Yale. The pass was at tree line. The ridge is an alternative route for climbing Mt. Yale. I went up Mt. Yale a different way a few years ago. The way I went looks a lot easier. That doesn’t matter; I was not hiking up Mt. Yale this time. I was climbing an unnamed peak on the ridge in opposite direction of Mt. Yale. The unnamed peak has an elevation of 12,505 ft. The view was wonderful. Here are the pictures.
Unnamed Peak
Old Mine - Mt Colombia and Mt Harvard
Looking down the mine shaft
Mt. Princeton - Haze on left is from the West Fork Complex Fire
Mt. Princeton on the left
Mascot Peak and Mt Yale
Buena Vista
Mt Yale and me from the top of the unnamed peak
Flowers
Alpine Sunflowers
Mt. Yale and alpine sunflowers
Snow and unnamed peak
Flowers
Close-up of flowers

1 comment:

Pops said...

WOW, a 12,505 ft. un-named peak. You should make a sign saying "Ben Michael" and put it on top. :)