Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Flintstones

On July the 5th, I went on a jeep tour out of Marble, Colorado with my mom and aunt. The tour went through Lead King Basin by looping around Sheep Mountain. We only got to an elevation of around 10,500 feet. That was a bit disappointing. We figured we would get above tree line. The jeep wasn’t particularly comfortable, but it was pretty cool. It was a 1954 Willys Jeep. On the jeep ride, I went by the name of Fred, and the jeep driver went by the name of Barney. Anyway here are some pictures from the jeep ride.
Columbine
Treasure Mountain
Snowmass Mtn (left) & Hagerman Peak (right)
Falls along the North Fork of the Crystal River
Mom having lunch
1954 Willys Jeep and Barney in Crystal
Butterfly and flowers
Crystal Mill
Crystal River above Crystal Mill
On July the 6th, I hiked to Cathedral Lake. (11,866 ft.) The lake is south of Aspen. The trailhead is not far from the ghost town of Ashcroft. The hike up to Cathedral Lake is only 3 miles. (6 miles round trip) So it gets quite a bit of traffic. Fortunately, I got an early enough start. I only had to witness the parade of people going up as I was going down. The lake itself is the typical beautiful alpine lake that you find in Colorado. Here are the pictures.
Pine Creek
Me at Cathedral Lake with the cliffs of Cathedral Peak behind me
Flowers at the lake
Cathedral Lake - looking towards Electric Pass & Leahy Peak
Me again
That’s it for the pictures on my 4th of July weekend. I left the Snowmass Village area on the morning of the 7th.

Until next time…

1 comment:

Pops said...

You're a dang good photographer Fred. I really enjoy your blog.