Sunday, July 14, 2013

OK Computer

Due to multiple computer problems, I haven’t done a new post on the blog in a while. I’m back now, and I have a bit of a backlog of blog worthy pictures. So here we go with the first post of the backlog. In June, I made a trip to Salt Lake City for a World Cup Qualifier. I decided to take some time off from work and do a little hiking and sightseeing on the way out. On June 16th, I camped in the Medicine Bow –Routt National Forest in Wyoming. The next day (June 17th), I went for a hike in the Snowy Range. The range was well named since there was still a good bit of snow. I did a loop trail that took me around to the backside of the range and then up Medicine Bow Peak. (12,013 ft.)
Near the start.  Schoolhouse Rock on the left.
View to the southwest
Trail on the backside
From the top of the cliffs.
Flowers
Medicine Bow Peak from the false summit
View from Medicine Bow Peak
Me on Medicine Bow Peak
Lake Marie (the last lake below the cliffs) is where my car is parked.
Browns Peak and lots of lakes
From the top of Medicine Bow Peak, I looped around to the front side of the range and hiked past numerous lakes on the way back to my car. The snow made the hike easy when it was hard, but the snow was not always hard. So by the time I got back to my car, I had a good work out. I also had a lot of beautiful pictures.
Some small lakes and the frozen Lookout Lake
The Snowy Range
Small lake and the Snowy Range
Gap in the range
Lookout Lake
Lookout Lake and Medicine Bow Peak
Lookout Lake
Lookout Lake
Lake Marie.  Medicine Bow Peak (Last Peak)

1 comment:

Pops said...

WELCOME BACK. Love the pictures.