Thursday, August 06, 2015

Onward

Part 4 of the section hike on the Colorado Trail. I put the backpack on once again. I started at Camp Hale Trailhead. I skipped a section from Mt. Copper Ski resort to Camp Hale. It was an 18.5 mile section. I’ll make it up someday. Hopefully that will happen in the near future. Anyway, I felt good as I made my way towards Tennessee Pass. This section had some beautiful meadows. A few tenths of a mile from Tennessee Pass, the trails passes the remains of a couple of coke ovens.
Ruins at Camp Hale
Looking back at the ruins at Camp Hale
Looking back at Camp Hale
Railroad tracks
Trail
Coke oven ruins near Tennessee Pass
After Tennessee Pass, I found myself tiring. I stopped early in the afternoon. After 13.7 miles, I decided I had enough for the day. I found a beautiful campsite. There one problem with it. It had lots of mosquitoes. Oh well, you can’t have everything.
Campsite in the Holy Cross Wilderness

1 comment:

Pops said...

You do take some really good pictures Mike.