Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Let It Snow

I wasn't planning on doing a post this week, but Denver is getting a pretty good snowstorm this week. The previous snows this month have been glorified rain, but not this one. The rain switched to snow at about 9:00 P.M. last night (Tuesday). It is a little after 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday, and it is still snowing. It is not supposed to stop until Thursday afternoon. I will need a yard stick to measure snow tomorrow. I got a foot of snow at my place now.


Looking out the back of my apt. this morning







My car around 3 PM on Wed.














Out the back of my apt around 3 PM on Wed.













Ruler in the snow

4 comments:

Pops said...

Based on the amount of the ruler sticking out of the snow it looks like about 11 inches of snow. If it continues snowing until tomorrow afternoon you WILL need a yard stick to measure it with. Good thing you have your own set of snow shoes now.

Mighty Mike said...

Trust me; it's a foot on that bottom picture. Some of the snow got knocked away in order to see the ruler. It may look like 11.5" in the picture, but it is 12" in reality.

gg said...

Hi Mike.
Wow, I had a lot of catching up to do on your blog.
We haven't had any snow here yet. Fall has been fabulous. The most spectacular colors in a few years.

Anonymous said...

Hey, is that the same ruler that was broken into four pieces that I saw at your place?