Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Walnut Grove

Today, we hiked to Bear Peak (8,461 ft.) on Boulder Mountain. I had done this hike before. This time I did it without the snow and dangerous ice. It is a tough hike. I believe Charles got a good work out. Round trip is around 8 or 9 miles, and there is an elevation gain of about 3,000 feet. Pops, do think you could do this one:) The weather was pretty good at the start of the hike. Shortly after we got to the top of the peak, the clouds started rolling in. The temperature dropped a good bit. We didn’t stay on top too long because of that. After the hike, we enjoyed some fine brews at Walnut Brewery in downtown Boulder.




Charles with Boulder down below







Almost There










Look, the top of Bear Peak









On top of Bear Peak








Looking towards the Continental Divide








Going down Bear Peak

1 comment:

Pops said...

You get down off those rocks or I'll show these pictures to you boy's mama's. I wouldn't want to hike that trail even if I was physically capable of it. To many drop offs.