Monday, October 23, 2006

Cold Wind Blows

On Saturday, I went to my first professional sporting event in Denver. I went to Invesco Field at Mile High to see the Colorado Rapids in a MLS playoff game. That's Major League Soccer for the non-soccer people. Unfortunately, the Rapids lost to FC Dallas 2-1. They still got another game, but the second leg is in Dallas. So I don't expect them to advance. Anyway it was still fun to be at the game even though they lost. It was also really cold at the game.
On Sunday, I went Golden Gate Canyon State Park. It is about 13 miles northwest of the birthplace of Coors Beer. I hiked to Frazer Meadow where there was an old homestead. The wind was blowing pretty good. Quite Cold. The elevation was above 9,000 feet. I looped back to my vehicle by way of the Black Bear Trail, which took me over Ralston Roost (9,334 ft). This trail was colder and windier. It was worth it, though. Good views, good rocks, good snow. Round trip was about 6 miles.













It's Monday now, I can still see snow in the foothills, but the afternoon temperatures were in the 60's in Lakewood. The forcast for Tuesday has the low's in the mid 30's and the high's in the low 70's. Nice!

That's All for now,

-M

No comments: