Monday, October 30, 2006

After The Storm

The Big Blizzard that hit Colorado last week wasn't a big deal where I lived. 6 inches may have fallen, but the snow had turned to rain by the afternoon so it was hard to make an estimate. The Blizzard winds were to the south and east. The big snow totals were in the mountains. Evergreen, which is 15 miles by road to the west of me, reported 2 feet. Saturday, two days after the storm, I went for a hike in the Evergreen area. I went to Alderfer/Three Sisters Park. I did a short hike that took me to the top of The Brother and to the Three Sisters. The weather was warmer than I expected in the foothills. I was wishing I had a short sleeve shirt with me.
That's me on top of The Brother. The snow capped peak to the left of me is Mt. Evans.
This is on top of a rock ledge of one of the Sisters.
In Soccer News, the Colorado Rapids came back to beat FC Dallas to advance to the conference finals. Conyers, Georgia native, Clint "Cletus" Mathis scored a brilliant goal in OT to send the game to PK's. Rapids won PK's 5-4 Major upset, 4 seed beating the number 1 seed. Go Rapids!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics Mike. Go Rapids!
-Amit