Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Next Day

There was about 3 to 4 inches of snow on the grass, sign posts, and other cold places. Gives the place a different kind of beauty. It was sunny (but cold) day, so most of the snow was gone by the afternoon. I heard they got 12 inches at Idaho Springs which about 30 minutes away in the I-70 corridor. Anyway here are some photos from this morning.
This is Bear Creek which runs behind my apartment.

My apartment complex is in the background. Bear Creek is where the line of trees are.

Morrison Mountain. Red Rocks Amphitheatre is at the base of the mountain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike.
I'm enjoying your blog. I certainly recognize many of the places in your pictures, and can relate to the "I can't believe I live here" feeling. I think you'll be less excited about snow though in a few months. Hope you have some good tread on your tires for when it's really cold and the snow and ice stick to the roads.
So, are you a Broncos fan yet? Avalanche?
Have you walked through Red Rocks in the snow yet? I never did that. I bet it's pretty.
Ginger