Sunday, October 15, 2006

Roxborough State Park

Today I went to Roxborough State Park, which is located south of Denver. It is less than 30 minutes from my apartment. The park is located where the plains meet the foothills. The park has some rock formations similar to that of Red Rocks and Garden of The Gods. Roxborough State Park has quite a few trails. I took the trail up to Carpenter Peak (7,160 ft). According to the signs, this area is rattlesnake, black bear, and mountain lion country. I didn't see any of those magnificent animals, but I did see the most dangerous creature of them all. Humans. I saw few of them. Fortunately, they were of the friendly variety. Here are a couple of pictures of me on top of Carpenter Peak.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great blog. How far was it up to the top? I hope it was fun. Carter

Anonymous said...

I like the pictures. Makes me wish I were there too. Pops

Mighty Mike said...

Hi Carter,

I'm not quite sure on the distance to the top. The Signs at the park said 2.6 miles to the top, but the park map says 6.4 miles for a round trip. My hiking book says 5.5 miles round trip. My guess is the 2.6 miles (5.2 miles round trip)is right. It was a lot of fun. -Uncle Mike