Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Gold

July 26, 2017, Day 3 of a backpacking trip on the Colorado Trail. I woke up early and was on the trail by 5:30 A.M. There were lots of clouds hanging around again this morning. That is unusual for Colorado in the morning. It made for some interesting views. I had about 16.5 miles to do that day. I was on my way to Monarch Pass where I would meet my parents. For a while, it looked like the clouds might lift, but that did not happen until I was almost to Monarch Pass.
Low Clouds
Sun trying to shine through the clouds
Trail marker - Looking towards the San Luis Valley
Trail near Silver Creek
Still Cloudy
Approaching Marshall Pass & Mt Ouray (In the Clouds)
Trail close to Treeline
Snow near a ridge top
Trail along the Continental Divide
Cloudy View
Trail in the clouds on top of a ridge
The clouds lift and I can see Monarch Pass
View of Tabeguache Peak and Mt. Shavano
After reaching Monarch Pass, my parents took me down to Salida where we stayed the night. I dried out my tent and gear in a park that afternoon. I also got to see U.S win the Gold Cup that night. Stay Tuned for more Colorado Trail adventures/pictures...

2 comments:

Pops said...

Guess the trail had a different personality with all that fog, eh. :)

Virginia said...

Enjoyed looking at your photos again. Beautiful!