Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Halfway There

Thursday, July 27th was a slack pack day. I hiked from Chalk Creek Trailhead near Mt. Princeton Hot Springs south to Angel of Shavano Trailhead. It was a total of 14.9 miles. The hike was not hard. My starting elevation was 8,389 feet. I got above 10,000 feet near the end of the hike for a brief period. For the most of the hike I was in the 9,000 foot range near the base of the mountains.
Chalk Cliffs
Mt. Princeton above the Chalk Cliffs
Looking up the valley towards St. Elmo
Looking South
Window in the Clouds
Salida
Mt. Ouray
Angel of Shavano Trailhead below
After the hike, I had pizza and beer in Salida with my parents. We then drove to my home for a couple of nights. Friday would be a day off to wash clothes and to get a little rest. More hikes to come on the Colorado Trail…

1 comment:

Pops said...

As usual nice pic's. Keep on hiking!