Sunday, May 26, 2013

Return

Thursday, May the 9th was a travel day. I returned to Dunfermline. I still saw some interesting sites on that day though. The day started in Oban. I had some time to kill before my train. So I walked to the ruins of Dunollie Castle to the north of Oban. I had seen the castle from the ferry the day before. It looked like something cool to check out.
Dunollie Castle
Inside Dunollie Castle
View of Kerrera from Dunollie Castle
After checking out the ruins, I explored the grounds near the castle. I climbed a hill that overlooked the area. Naturally, it was rainy and windy on top.
Rhododendron
Dunollie Castle and gorse bushes
Gorse Bush
Looking back at Dunollie Castle
Most of the afternoon was spent on trains. I went from Oban to Glascow, then Glascow to Edinburgh, and finally Edinburgh to Dunfermline.
Kilchurn Castle on Loch Awe from the train

2 comments:

Pops said...

Even travel days in Scotland are kinda nice...

Virginia said...

Thanks for the flowers. I'm impressed that you recognized the gorse bush. Reading your blogs takes me quite a while since I look up most of the places, especially the castles, that you've photographed. Mom