Monday, May 27, 2013

The Journey

This post starts with the end of Friday, May the 10th. After arriving back in Dunfermline from my day trip to Edinburgh, I joined my brother’s family for a trip to South Queensferry for dinner. South Queensferry is located on the shore of Firth of Forth between the Forth Bridge (Railroad) and the Forth Road Bridge. The railroad bridge is a unique design and is a major landmark in the area.
Cara and the Forth Road Bridge
Forth Bridge over the Firth of Forth
Forth Bridge and Forth Road Bridge
Saturday, May the 11th was my last full day in Scotland. So naturally it was rainy to start the day off. We were making a trip to Glascow to catch a football (soccer) match. Along the way, we stopped at Falkirk Wheel. Sorry, no pictures. It was cold and rainy. So I kept my camera in my pocket. I was impressed with Falkirk Wheel. It was a pretty cool piece of engineering. It is basically a boat elevator that connects canals between Glascow and Edinburgh. If you want to know more, look it up. As for the football match, we saw Celtic vs. St. Johnstone. It was the last game of the season, and Celtic had already won the league. The crowd was a bit subdued. It was still cool to see a classic club and their stadium. Celtic won the match 4-0. After the game, they brought out the Scottish Premier League Trophy for a celebration in front of their fans.
Celtic Park
Champions Flag
Celtic just finished celebrating a goal
Carter
Players coming out for the trophy celebration
Trophy celebration
While the Scotland portion of my journey has basically ended, the story will continue…

2 comments:

Pops said...

You know I liked the pictures of Cara & Carter best. :)

Virginia said...

Have to agree with Grampa, although I was impressed with the photos of the rail bridge. Mom